The school library which is more than a century old can boast of a wealthy collection of books belonging to all the disciplines apart from art and literature. It houses a rich collection of more than 7000 of books and 10 standard periodicals. The Reference Section has a variety of standard encyclopedias, dictionaries and standard reference books on almost all topics at the school level for both teachers and students. The service of a full time librarian is a great advantage o the students. A neatly furnished reading room complements the functioning of the library. Regular addition to the existing treasure house of books is ensured, so that the students can have up to date information on various topics.
1. Silence should be observed strictly in the library.
2. Students should not bring any book of their own into the library except a note book.
3. Books should be returned on or before the due date indicated on them without fail. A fine of Re. 1 per day will be collected after the due date.
4. Pupils can renew a book for one more week in case they want to keep it for a further period provided the book is not in great demand.
5. The librarian may ask for a book at any time even if the normal period of loan has not expired. This rule applies to the members' of teaching and clerical staff also.
6. Please check the book before leaving the library. Any mark of damage may be reported to the librarian.
7. Proper care should be taken of the books which are taken home or read in the library.
8. Any book lost must at once be replaced or the said amount be paid.
9. Reference books like Dictionary, Encyclopedia etc. cannot be taken home. They can be read and used in the library.
10. No book, magazines and newspapers, should be taken out of library without the permission of the librarian.
11. Issue of books shall be stopped 15 days before the close of current financial year for stock taking and checking.
12. Library is open form 9.30 am to 2.30 pm for all the members of the staff and students.